Wednesday 13 March 2013

Preparation

I didn't realise quite how wonderfully disease free we are in the UK until I started looking into immunisations necessary for a three month trip to Phnom Penh.

It's also the rainy season between May and October (when I am going) which means stagnant pools of water and mossies...can't believe I'm having to consider taking wellington boots to Cambodia.Still, I'm sure it's all going to add to the adventure.

Really keen to get out there and crack on. I will be leading workshops to help the girls build leadership skills (such as critical thinking, presentation skills and networking), learn about CV writing and setting them up with work placements and mentors.

There won't be much personal space in the dormitory.  I am sharing a room with three other girls in bunk beds so I will need to pack LIGHT.

A Tuk Tuk should be waiting for me on arrival to take me to the dormitory in southern Phnom Penh. Hopefully with a little room for my bag.












How exciting.